Archery and feminine badassery
I am very happy to now be certified to teach archery, as this is one of the components of my BBB class! I believe that this ancient weapons art form/sport can help women tap into a fire within, a sense of accomplishment, and pride. It is characteristic of the Divine Feminine, and one Goddess in particular--
Ἄρτεμις) was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity
and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women;
she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. In later Hellenistic times, she even assumed the ancient role of Eileithyia in aiding childbirth. "
From the website http://celebratedivinefeminine.com, it is stated that working with the energies of Artemis can:
- Assist us in developing strong boundaries.
- Help us to connect with the cycles of nature and our bodies
- Model being independent without needing a man to validate our worth.
- Create a sense of intactness, wholeness, completeness
- Teach us how to be the huntress when it comes to our goals: to target, take aim and score a bull’s eye!
I believe all of this, and in terms of reaching goals, it's important to note that Artemis is the Goddess of childbirth and midwifery, among the other great things. This relates to the idea of giving birth to not only our goals, but also ourselves. Our beautiful wild women true selves!
Unblock Your Bloom, Baby. Live the Adventure of Life!